We are seeking an experienced Diesel Technician to work at our Sprinter Knoxville location!
Sprinter Knoxville is part of Furrow Automotive Group, which also includes Jaguar, Land Rover,
Porsche of Chattanooga, Infiniti of Chattanooga, Mercedes-Benz of Knoxville, and Land Rover
Benefits include an air-conditioned shop, competitive pay, health, dental, vision, life, disability, 401k
plan, paid holidays, paid time off and comprehensive training.
POSITION INFORMATION: The Sprinter Technician is responsible for performing vehicle repair and
maintenance work as assigned in accordance with dealer and factory standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
- Receive repair orders from Service Advisor and take to stall area.
- Perform work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repair.
- Communicate with parts department to obtain needed parts.
- Save and tag parts if the job is under warranty or if requested by the customer. Turn into parts department and make sure parts department signs for part.
- Examine the vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
- Advise service advisor immediately if additional work is needed including tires, if work outlined is not needed, or if repairs cannot be completed within the time promised.
- Document work performed including all required test printouts.
- Road-test vehicles when required or refer to the test technician, keeping in mind that customers’ vehicles should not be used for personal errands.
- Attend factory-sponsored training classes.
- Keep abreast of factory technical bulletins.
- Ensure that customers’ cars are kept clean.
- Keep shop area neat and clean and be able to account for all dealership-owned tools at all times.
- Understand and follow federal, state and local regulations, such as those governing the disposal of hazardous wastes.
- Road-test vehicles to quality-check work performed.
QUALIFICATIONS: High School diploma or the equivalent. Ability to read and comprehend
instructions and information. ASE certification preferred. Diesel technician. General mechanical
skills. Valid driver’s license and a good driving record. Manual dexterity. Good judgment.
WORKING CONDITIONS: The Technician will stand up to eight hours per shift, lift parts weighing
up to 50 pounds several times during each shift, and use hoist and test equipment as needed. S/he
will stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, handle, and feel. S/he will use hand and power tools. S/he will
be exposed to noise, vibration, dust, exhaust fumes, and other hazardous and nonhazardous
materials. Road-testing of vehicles may be required. The Technician will be required to wear a
dealership uniform at all times. The Technician will be required to wear goggles when under a
vehicle, welding, or a potential situation that could damage the eyes.
Job Type: Full-time