Mercedes-Benz of Knoxville is seeking an experienced Service Advisor to join our growing our team!
We are a part of the family owned Furrow Automotive Group, which also includes Jaguar Land Rover Porsche of Chattanooga, Infiniti of Chattanooga, Sprinter, and Land Rover Knoxville.
Benefits include competitive pay, health, dental, vision, life, disability, 401k plan, paid holidays, paid time off and comprehensive training. Closed on Sundays!
We are growing and looking for enthusiastic applicants that want to be successful!
The Service Advisor is the dealership’s first line customer relations and service sales representative. The Service Advisor is responsible for selling any and all service needs.
In addition to hourly pay we also have a monthly bonus structure as part of this position and commission.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain Customer Satisfaction Index rating at least comparable to that of the manufacturer, region, or branch average.
- Maintain a dealership-prescribed standard for “hours per customer repair order written”
- Accomplish the forecast that has been established by the Fixed Operations Manager and General Manager.
- Ensure that all documents are accounted for.
- Understand and follow federal, state, and local regulations, such as those
governing the disposal of hazardous wastes, OSHA right to know, etc.
- Greet customers in a timely, friendly manner. And let customers that are waiting
in line know that they will be helped soon.
- Obtain and verify customer and vehicle information.
- Communicate with customers to determine the nature of the mechanical
- Advise customers on the care of their vehicles and the value of maintaining their
vehicles in accordance with the manufacturers’ specifications, using maintenance
- Perform walk around inspection and document any dents, dings, scratches or
other signs of damage to vehicles prior to customer leaving.
- Indicate on repair order the exact repair instructions, making special note of the
main reason(s) the customer brought the vehicle in. Repair orders must be
legible, and in complaint form.
- If additional work is needed, explain the details to the customer, including the
additional cost and time considerations.
- Provide an estimate for labor and parts. If the cost of service cannot be established during reception, leave open and contact customer later by phone for approval.
- Establish each customer’s method of payment.
- Establish “time promised” with the customer.
- Communicate with Team Leader as to what repairs are needed, and when
vehicles will be completed.
- Obtain customers signature on all repair orders.
- Follow up progress of each repair order throughout the day. Contact each
customer regarding any changes in estimates or promise times.
- Handle telephone inquiries regarding work in process.
- Answer overflow of incoming service calls and forward any calls for appointments
to the Client Care Center for scheduling.
- Be partially responsible for quality control, to ensure that work is completed as
requested and reduce comebacks.
- Deliver vehicle to customer and review the invoice with them and answer any
questions they may have.
- Maintain a follow-up program on additional items found in need of repair.
Must have a high school diploma or equivalent. Must have the ability to read and comprehend instructions and information. At least two years experience in a dealership position. General knowledge of vehicle mechanical operations. Sales experience preferred. Must have a professional personal appearance. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
The Service Advisor works in the service lane, which is partially in an open garage area. Position requires stooping, bending, and moving throughout the entire dealership. May lift up to 50 pounds occasionally. Works directly with service customers for most of the day. Will use a computer frequently throughout the day. He/She may be exposed to noise, vibration, dust, exhaust fumes, and other hazardous and non-hazardous materials. Road testing of vehicle also may be required. Business attire with closed toe shoes is required
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $50,000.00 per year