Master Certified Technicians
Struggling with long commutes, high taxes, tough weather and not the best quality of life?
Mercedes-Benz of Knoxville is offering a $20,000 signing bonus for Mercedes-Benz Master Certified Technicians. Other certifications have a potential for a signing bonus.
Mercedes-Benz of Knoxville is family owned and operated with the parent company’s heritage going back over 108 years. We are part of the Furrow Automotive group which consists of Land Rover, Porsche, Jaguar, and Infiniti dealerships.
Mercedes-Benz of Knoxville is just 40 minutes away from Gatlinburg located at the foothills of the Smoky mountains. We are just a few short hours away from Nashville, Chattanooga and Atlanta. We are fortunate to have very mild winters combined with the spectacular blooms of hardwood trees in the Spring and Fall colors that rival anywhere in the world.
The great state of Tennessee does not have state income tax which makes your hard-earned income go farther. You may find that car insurance rates, property taxes, housing costs are all lower in Knoxville depending on where you are located now.
Benefits include an air-conditioned shop, competitive pay, health, dental, vision, life, disability, 401k plan, paid holidays, paid time off, employee discounts and comprehensive training.
The Technician is responsible for performing vehicle repair and maintenance work as assigned in accordance with dealer and factory standards. S/he also will oversee the work of any apprentice technician assigned to him/her.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
- Receive repair orders from Service Advisor and take to stall area.
- Perform work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repair.
- Communicate with parts department to obtain needed parts.
- Save and tag parts if the job is under warranty or if requested by the customer. Turn into parts department and make sure parts department signs for part.
- Examine the vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
- Advise service advisor immediately if additional work is needed including tires, if work outlined is not needed, or if repairs cannot be completed within the time promised.
- Document work performed including all required test printouts.
- Road-test vehicles when required or refer to the test technician, keeping in mind that customers’ vehicles should not be used for personal errands.
- Supervise work of any apprentice technicians as assigned.
- Attend factory-sponsored training classes.
- Keep abreast of factory technical bulletins.
- Ensure that customers’ cars are kept clean.
- Keep shop area neat and clean and be able to account for all dealership-owned tools at all times.
- Understand and follow federal, state and local regulations, such as those governing the disposal of hazardous wastes.
- Road-test vehicles to quality-check work performed.
High School diploma or the equivalent. Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information. ASE certification preferred. General mechanical skills. Valid driver’s license and a good driving record. Manual dexterity. Good judgment.
The Technician will stand up to eight hours per shift, lift parts weighing up to 50 pounds several times during each shift, and use hoist and test equipment as needed. S/he will stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, handle, and feel. S/he will use hand and power tools. S/he will be exposed to noise, vibration, dust, exhaust fumes, and other hazardous and nonhazardous materials. Road-testing of vehicles may be required. The Technician will be required to wear a dealership uniform at all times. The Technician will be required to wear goggles when under a vehicle, welding, or a potential situation that could damage the eyes.